Baltimore County & Towson Child Support Lawyer.
We Will Strive To Resolve Your Case Reasonably And Quickly. If That Does Not Happen, We Will Fight For You Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then On The Ice.
Basics Concerning Child Support in Maryland.
The Law Offices aggressively represents Child Support clients. Child Support refers to cash payments from the non-custodial parent to the custodial Parent. Child support can be above or below the guidelines amount, provided the proper reasons are presented to the Court, and the judge agrees. Physical Custody changes the child support guidelines by lowering the amount of support paid.
Child Support Modification in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County.
Time marches on. When income, the child's needs and/or Physical Custody changes, substantially, it might be time to recalculate child support. Mr. Weisman can tell you whether modification is appropriate and prepare Court Papers that are customized, precise and impressive. Amar Weisman can also use the Tools of Discovery to demand all the relevant financial information from the opposing party, his/her employers, and the bank.
Contempt Hearings In Baltimore County For Failure To Pay Child Support Pursuant To A Lawful Order
In The Circuit Court For Baltimore County, child support contempt matters are typically heard by a Magistrate before proceeding to a Judge. As of September 30, 2015, Magistrate Farmer hears child support Contempt Hearings on the ground floor in Hearing Room B. When a child support matter appears like it will not be resolved without additional judicial intervention, the Magistrate will refer the matter to a Judge who has the power to impose penalties such as incarceration.
Child Support Enforcement Administration Hearings In The Towson County Courts Building.
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman defends individuals in proceeding commenced by the Child Support Enforcement Administration ("CSEA"). In Baltimore County, CSEA is located at 170 W Ridgely Rd Suite 200, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093.
Hearings to establish child support are generally held on the Ground floor level of the County Courts Building. Usually, the agency will summons both parties to appear for an initial screening in front of a CSEA. Having an attorney is helpful for the purpose of effective Negotiation. We have a track record of obtaining favorable results for clients based on Negotiation Skills and knowledge of the local procedures.
What Goes Into the Child Support Formula?
- Parental Income including salaries; wages; commissions; bonuses; dividend income;pension income; interest income; trust income; annuity income; Social Security benefits; workers' compensation benefits; unemployment insurance benefits; disability insurance benefits.
- Physical Custody. Shared Physical Custody exists when both parents have more than 35% of the overnights (128 overnights); If you do not have more than 128 overnights per year, then you do not have shared Physical Custody.
- Health Insurance. Difference between the single plan (that just covers you) and the plan that also covers the minor child.
- Extraordinary Medical Expenses. Includes uninsured, reasonable, and necessary costs for orthodontia, dental treatment, asthma treatment, physical therapy, treatment for any chronic health problem, and professional counseling or psychiatric therapy for diagnosed mental disorders.
- Summer Camp. Usually depends on where the child or children went to summer camp prior to separation.
- Private School. Usually depends on where the child went to school prior to separation.
Key Pieces of Evidence To Determine Income For Child Support Purposes.
- Pay Stubs
- Federal & State Income Tax Returns
- Bank account records
Please Call (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to decide whether you want to hire Amar S. Weisman. To obtain legal services, you must pay a retainer, see Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is next to The Circuit Court For Baltimore County, at 305 Allegheny Avenue, Towson, MD, 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen. Abingdon, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Lutherville, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Rosedale, Sparrows Point, Timonium, Towson, Westminster and White Marsh.
Articles By Amar S. Weisman
Blog Postings By Amar S. Weisman
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Defining "Income" for child support.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Children's Health Care Expenses.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Support Enforcement Administration.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Paternity.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses College Expenditures.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Collecting Child Support in Baltimore County.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Modifications To Increase Child Support.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Retroactive Child Support Obligations.