Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses The Rosie O'Donnell Divorce
Unfortunately, another celebrity relationship has ended with divorce papers being filed. TV personality and actress, Rosie O’Donnell, has reportedly filed for divorce from her estranged wife, Michelle Rounds. Apparently, the couple, who were married in June of 2012, had actually separated back in November of 2014; however, O’Donnell just recently filed divorce documents in New York at the end of February 2015.
The couple adopted a two-year old girl and they have reached an agreement to share custody of the child. The couple also had a prenuptial agreement and negotiations have been moving along in accordance with that agreement. More often than many people think, divorces can progress smoothly, particular if there is a prenuptial agreement in place.
But even without a prenup, some couples truly do have “amicable,” uncontested divorces. One important key to having a divorce go as smoothly as possible is to make sure you work with the right divorce attorney who will handle your situation efficiently and properly based on current state law.
Considering Divorce? Make Sure You Properly Evaluate Your Baltimore and Towson Divorce Lawyer
To determine whether a particular divorce lawyer is the one for you, ask questions. The following list will help. You can ask the questions most important to you in the first phone call, and ask the remainder during your initial meeting.
1. How long have you been handling divorce cases?
2. Approximately how many divorces have you handled in the last six months?
3. Will you be personally handling my case? Will anyone be assisting you?
4. How long does it take you to return phone calls?
5. Who can I contact if there is a problem after hours?
6. Who should I ask for if you are unavailable?
7. What is your hourly billing rate?
8. Do you require an upfront retainer? If so, how much?
9. How much are the court fees?
10. What additional expenses will I be responsible for?
11. Can you estimate a total cost or cost range for my case?
12. What chances do I have of obtaining what I want?
13. What am I asking for that I am likely not to get?
14. How long do you think the case will take?
Finally, once you hire an attorney, work hard at being a good client. This is very important and you will be more satisfied with the process and outcome if you fulfill your responsibilities. That means promptly gathering and helpfully organizing requested documents, calling only when material developments or crises occur, doing your best to maintain good relations with your spouse through the divorce and if children are involved, putting their long-term interests first.
Choosing an appropriate attorney to handle your particular case can make a world of difference as you go through this difficult time in your life. However, help is just a phone call away. If you would like to contact an experienced divorce lawyer, contact the Law Offices of Amar Weisman, LLC today.
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Free Consultation
Call The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The Purpose of the consultation is to determine whether you want to retain this law firm as your Baltimore County & Harford County Family Lawyer. If you do wish to proceed, then you must pay a retainer. See Our Policy on Fees and Costs. The family firm is located next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204.