Get Started Now »
Baltimore County Family Law Lawyer Fees & Costs
What Is The Cost & Purpose of the Initial Consultation?
- The initial consultation is free.
- The purpose of the initial consultation is to determine whether you want to retain the law firm to represent you.
- Mr. Weisman will ask you questions and tell you what he will do if you choose to retain him.
- you must pay a retainer to retain legal services.
How Much Is The Retainer?
- All clients must pay a retainer.
- Retainers differ based on case complexity.
- Retainers begin at $2,500.00.
- Attorney time is billed against the retainer by the hour.
- Amar S. Weisman's hourly rate is $250.00 per hour and will increase to $300.00 per hour effective February 1, 2020.
What Are Typical Billable Events In Baltimore & Towson Family Law Matters
|Communicating With Client||
|Communicating With Opposing Counsel||
|Preparing Court Papers||
|Time Spent On Discovery||
Do You Nickel And Dime Clients? Is Your Billing Fair?
- The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman does not "milk" clients or "churn business" because we are too busy with meaningful work.
- We do not bill for printer paper, faxes, gasoline, or initial consultations.
- Compare what the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman has revealed on this page to other lawyers "forgetting" to share this information with you on their websites. -
How Can I Reduce My Legal Fees?
- Schedule a regular bi-weekly meeting with the attorney instead of email and text messaging.
- Deliver all documents in chronological order without marking up or highlighting the documents.
- Deliver every document the attorney requests even if it means going to the bank in person, calling the credit card company and waiting, or requesting documents by contacting a state agency.
- Establish clear goals in the beginning to give your case purpose and direction.
- Appear at all court hearings on time.
- Do not complicate your case by talking about your case with others.
Call For a Free Consultation
Call The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The Purpose of the consultation is to determine whether you want to retain this law firm as your Baltimore & Towson Family Lawyer. If you do wish to proceed, then you must pay a retainer. See Our Policy on Fees and Costs. The family firm is located next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204.
Get Started Now »