Get Started Now »
Baltimore County Family Law Lawyer Fees & Costs
What Is The Cost & Purpose of the Initial Consultation?
- The initial consultation is free.
- The purpose of the initial consultation is to determine whether you want to retain the law firm to represent you.
- Mr. Weisman will ask you questions and tell you what he will do if you choose to retain him.
- you must pay a retainer to retain legal services.
How Much Is The Retainer?
- All clients must pay a retainer..
- Retainers differ based on case complexity.
- Retainers begin at $2,500.00.
- Attorney time is billed against the retainer by the hour.
- Amar S. Weisman's rate is $240.00 per hour.
What Are Typical Billable Events In Baltimore & Towson Family Law Matters
|Communicating With Client||
|Communicating With Opposing Counsel||
|Preparing Court Papers||
|Time Spent On Discovery||
Do You Nickel And Dime Clients? Is Your Billing Fair?
- The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman does not "milk" clients or "churn business" because we are too busy with meaningful work.
- We do not bill for printer paper, faxes, gasoline, or initial consultations.
- Compare what the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman has revealed on this page to other lawyers "forgetting" to share this information with you on their websites. -
How Can I Reduce My Legal Fees?
- Schedule a regular bi-weekly meeting with the attorney instead of email and text messaging.
- Deliver all documents in chronological order without marking up or highlighting the documents.
- Deliver every document the attorney requests even if it means going to the bank in person, calling the credit card company and waiting, or requesting documents by contacting a state agency.
- Establish clear goals in the beginning to give your case purpose and direction.
- Appear at all court hearings on time.
- Do not complicate your case by talking about your case with others.
Call For a Free Consultation
Call The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The Purpose of the consultation is to determine whether you want to retain this law firm as your Baltimore & Towson Family Lawyer. If you do wish to proceed, then you must pay a retainer. See Our Policy on Fees and Costs. The family firm is located next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 305 Allegheny Avenue, Towson, Maryland, 21204.
Get Started Now »