Baltimore County & Towson Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman
Relentless, Experienced & Distinguished Baltimore County Family Lawyer
Amar S. Weisman is a top Family Law Attorney focused on the Circuit Court Baltimore County and surrounding jurisdictions. Mr. Weisman is a graduate of Georgetown University & the University of Baltimore Peter Angelos School of Law with 15 years of Family Law experience representing more than 1,000 clients. Mr. Weisman believes in working relentlessly, preparing, listening to clients, judges and lawyers and respecting the law, respecting the process and never forgetting that family law involves real money, real people and real lives. The services provided by the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman will define many futures. The following organizations have recognized the quality of the legal legal services he has provided to his clients across Baltimore County:
- 17 Best Divorce Lawyers Baltimore, 2022, EXPERTISE.COM
- Top 10 Family Law, 2022, 2020, 2019, Attorney And Practice Magazine
- Top 10, Family Law and Client Service, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- #18 Law Firm in Maryland, GoodFirms
- 10/10 "Supurb" Rating, AVVO
- 4.7/5.0 Rating, Google
Knowledge, Excellent and Driven
Amar S. Weisman has experience litigating divorces and child custody disputes of many shapes and sizes including Adultery, Desertion, Mutual Consent, Twelve Month Separation including Marital Property & Alimony; he has negotiated & precise Marital Settlement Agreements. His Child Custody practice includes Legal Custody, Physical Custody, Child Support,Custody Modification and Supervised Visitation.
Full Service Representation
Mr. Weisman rejects the recent trend of "Unbundled Legal Services" which allows clients to hire the attorney to draft one little paper, appear at one hearing, or provide one expensive consultation; it is easy for an attorney to help a client for 45, 75 or 120 minutes and walk away, but Mr. Weisman takes the old-fashioned approach that the attorney's calling to counsel, represent, understand and advocate--it is harder for attorneys to take ownership of family law cases, but in the opinion of Mr. Weisman, that is what a lawyer is supposed to do and he seeks clients who want their cases managed professionally, strategically and with excellent from the beginning to end. Ultimately, unbundled legal services and limited representation allows the lawyer to walk away even more quickly than your spouse and can be easy for the attorneys but difficult on the client that needs expertise and counsel. When Mr. Weisman is told his approach to representation is old-fashioned, that is not taken as an insult. As full-service law firm, the services provided re varied but include:
- Factual Investigation Including client & witness interviews
- Document assembly & meticulous organization of evidence
- Development of a Theory of the Case
- Definition of realistic goals
- Precise & Persuasive Pleadings and Motions
- Tactful Negotiation
- Acquiring, Using and Presenting Evidence
- Targeted and Effective Discovery
- Court Representation including the Scheduling Conference, Pendente Lite Hearing, Settlement Conference, Trial & Enforcement/Contempt.
- Temporary,Rehabilitative and Indefinite Alimony
- Marital Home and Family Use Personal Property
- Marital Retirement Account/Pension Division
- Marital Settlement Agreement
- Divorce Hearings
Cutting Edge Case Management
More than most firms in Towson, the Law Offices Of Amar S. Weisman delights in cutting edge hardware, software and technology overlooked by most law firms where rules are established by senior attorneys using slow computers, dictation machines invented during the Nixon presidency and un digitized, inaccessible impotent piles of papers; instead of relying on conventional old systems, Amar S. Weisman believes that technology can make law easier to practice as an attorney and provide clients unprecedented access to the documents, information and evidence central to their case.The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman uses the latest and best technology to manage every aspect of the case in a way that can be shared with clients quickly; these systems reflect the fact that clients, as a matter of respect, should be updated about their case in a time-sensitive manner using their Macintosh or Smart phone. Ut us a point of pride that many family law attorneys ask Mr. Weisman to help set up the same systems. As of December 2021, the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman relies on the following systems, among others:
- Clio Grow for on-boarding, client intake and electronic payments.
- Clio Manage providing deadlines-based calendaring, efficient task work flows, meticulous document management, integrated billing and cross-linked databases that make documents accessible to attorneys and clients and all times, facilitates attorney-client dialogue on particular items of evidence, allows attorneys to bill transparently and produce understandable invoices and allow Mr. Weisman to have an arsenal of evidence at his fingertips;
- Family Law Software allows Amar S. Weisman to create a database of information about income, assets, debts and expenditures relevant to alimony; its breadth and precision allows for the efficient production of financial statements, marital property statements and Financial Statements that are being recognized, increasingly, as a huge improvement over the SASI platform that has been rejected by the Apple App Store for more than a decade; better software, like FLS, means efficiency and saved costs.
- InfoTrack which allows Mr. Weisman to file electronic pleadings 70% faster than the "DOS Style" E-Filing System that is not integrated into the case management system.
- Clio Client Portal introduced October 2021, which allows clients to easily upload and share and sometimes sign documents instantaneously and have their case pleadings available at all times; the Portal also allows attorneys and clients to ask and answer questions in a manner that is faster and more efficient and much more secure than constantly hacked email systems; Amar Weisman believes this system is better than the America Online (AOL) system favored by many family law attorneys;
- FastCase for enterprise level forensic preservation of email and attachments instantly integrated into the case management system.
No First Year Associates, No Paralegals, No Remote Receptionists
Even though the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is on the cutting edge technologically, this law firm is old fashioned in other respects. The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman has one lawyer, Amar S. Weisman. Mr. Weisman believes in owning each case. Your case will not be managed by new associate, your pleadings will not be written by 9-to-5 Paralegals and your phone calls will never be answered by a remote receptionist.
Call To Meet Divorce/Custody Lawyer Virtually Or In Towson
- Free Consultation to determine if you want to hire Mr. Weisman
- (410) 321-4994 to make appointment during business hours.
- Retainer necessary to begin, see Policy on Fees/Costs
- Close to the County Courts Building
- 1018 Dulaney Valley Rd. (MD-146), 2ND Fl. Towson, MD 21204
- Close to Towson Town Center, Goucher COllege & Towson University.
Recent Maryland Family Law Appellate Decisions
- Frazelle-Foster v. Foster: Cruelty of Treatment as Grounds for Divorce
- Kaplan v. Kaplan: Above-Guidelines Child Support
- Gizzo v. Gerstman: Evidence of prior abuse/neglect in custody matters
- Trapasso v. Lewis
- Lasko v. Lasko:Requesting relief in absolute divorce pleadings.
- Sherman v. Rouse
- Halstad v. Halstad
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Divorce Hearings
- Grounds For Divorce
- Property Division
- Strategic Considerations
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial Agreement
Serving Clients From the Baltimore Area
We clients from throughout the Baltimore-Metropolitan Area including Aberdeen, Abingdon, Baldwin, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Brooklandville, Carney, Cedar Beach, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Garrison, Germantown, Glen Arm, Glenmont, Greenspring Valley, Hampton, Hillendale, Homeland, Honeygo, Hunt Valley, Hydes, Joppa Road Corridor, Kingsville, Lake Roland/Towson Run, Long Green, Lutherville, Middleborough, Middle River, Nottingham, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Pikesville, Riderwood, Reisterstown, Riderwood, Rodgers Forge, Rosedale, Ruxton, Shawn, Sparks, Sparrows Point, Stoneleigh, Timonium, Towson, West Towson, White Hall, White Marsh, and York Road corridor.
Towson Family Lawyer Articles
- The Tools of Discovery in Divorce and Child Custody Litigation
- How Much Will My Divorce Cost?
- Seven Commonly Accepted Myths About Property Division In Maryland
- Financial Survival During the Divorce Process
- Seven Commonly Accepted Myths About Child Support
- Types of Alimony Available To Divorcing Marylanders