Towson Family Lawyer | Divorce | Child Custody.
Excellence in the Practice of Family Law
Amar S. Weisman has practiced family law for more than 13 years including more than 750 family law cases in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County and surrounding jurisdictions resulting in the following recognitions:
- 22 Best Divorce Lawyers in Baltimore for 2020, EXPERTISE.COM
- Attorney And Practice Magazine, Top 10 Family Law, 2020, 2019
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10, Family Law and Client Service, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016
- GoodFirms: #18 Law Firm in Maryland
- 10/10 "Supurb" Rating, AVVO
- Google: 4.7/5.0 Rating
As a Family law attorney, Amar S. Weisman has undertaken a wide range of matters for his clients including:
- Complex Divorce, Child Custody and Custody Modification Merits Trials.
- Representing Clients at Scheduling Conferences, Settlement Conferences
- Prosecuting & Defendant Child Support and Alimony Claims
- Child Custody Modifications & Alimony Modifications
Mastering The Facts To Develop Winning Arguments
There are more than twenty facts the court may consider, including:
- Who can maintain a stable home environment with consistent rules in a safe and clean environment where the chi,d is comfortable?
- What are the needs of this child and how can the court preserve his or her academic development, social life at school, in the neighborhood and inside the home with consistency contact with other siblings?
- Do parental employment obligations and the proximity of the parental homes to one another impact the child's ability to spend actual time with either parent? Whether parental work hours and residential locations complement one another is very important when assessing the practicality of joint custody.
- Recommendations presented to the court following custody evaluations, home studies and advocacy by a Best Interest Attorney (BIA) can be very persuasive, if the investigator is able to withstand cross examination. In order to obtain a Custody Evaluation, the request must be made and accepted by the magistrate and the family services division at the Scheduling Conference and ordered by the judge. The way that the court conducts custody evaluations varies between jurisdictions but is fairly transparent in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County. The Law Offices of Amar S Weisman helps our clients work with custody evaluators to provide helpful information in a manner that can be understood.
What drives me is knowing that what I am fighting for--what you are fighting for--it matters. I see it because I have been there. I have been a client, a litigant, needing a good lawyer, knowing everything is on the line. I have been tested and tested and tested not only as a lawyer but also as a client. Having been a client taught me that every court paper, every hearing, every letter between attorneys--it all matters.
Passion, Knowledge & Professionalism
During more than thirteen years managing divorce and child custody matters in Towson-- first on East Chesapeake Avenue, then Allegheny Avenue and now on Dulaney Valley Road-- I have gained the training, experience and wisdom that are necessary to efficiently gather evidence and effectively introduce that evidence in Court. I listen, communicate, organize, and I can use the law to make your spouse accountable. Every year I practice law I acquire a greater appreciation for professionalism, ethics, and integrity. Integrity is everything. My working experience as a Baltimore County divorce & child custody lawyer has made it abundantly clear that my clients win when I proceed in a businesslike manner, with energy, concentration, mastery of the facts, and the ability to communicate with my clients. You should know the court system that might decide your future. While eloquence and persuasive arguments are essential skills, the people who think being a lawyer is about bluster and trickery could not be more wrong. As an attorney, I am bound by the Rules of Professional Responsibility meaning I owe each client competence, diligence, loyalty and the benefit of good advice as a counselor at law.
Focus And Expertise Go Hand In Hand
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman achieves excellence by limiting its focus to domestic relations matters in Baltimore/Baltimore County. Our clients benefit from our local knowledge and practical experience. Legal services are expensive. We respect your money by communicating, adhering to high standards of professionalism and protecting your legal rights in a businesslike manner. That means listening to your story, mastering the facts, knowing the time-line and determining the motives of everyone involved.
Baltimore County Divorces With Disputed Custody Are Complex
Family law matters have an element of uncertainty. Although I am happy to discuss the range of plausible outcomes after some factual investigation, there are variables including the other side and which magistrate or judge hears your case. While most of my Baltimore County family law matters settle, some cases will go to trial and I know how to do that too. During the summer of 2017, I litigated a nine-day child custody modification trial that I suspect was the longest such trial in recent memory--we started off as the underdogs but ultimately won when the trial judge issued her decision. Although managing high conflict litigation is part of my skill set, I also know many clients want to settle on favorable terms as quickly as possible.
Domestic Relations Practice Areas
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Circuit Court For Baltimore County
- Domestic Violence
- Peace Orders (usually for non-family).
- Protective Orders (usually for family).
- Domestic Violence Criminal including violation of Peace Orders and Second Degree Assault.
- Enforcement Of Court Orders/Contempt
- Prenuptial Agreements
Additional Information on This Top Baltimore County Divorce and Custody Law Firm.
We Will Strive To Resolve Your Case Reasonably And Quickly. If That Does Not Happen, We Will Fight For You Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then On The Ice.
What are you looking for?
If you are seeking client-focused, goal-orientated and personal representation to handle your Baltimore County family law matter, then contact us at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a consultation. Although we do not charge for consultations, you should know the purpose of the consultation is to determine whether Amar S. Weisman and the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is a good fit to protect your financial future and/or your parental rights. If you wish to obtain legal services to zealously pursue your interests, you will be required to pay a retainer. The typical retainer is $2,500.00. The cost of your case depends on its level of conflict and complexity. For more information, please see our Policy on Fees and Costs.
Call 410-321-4994 To Meet With Towson Child Custody & Family Law Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
Please Call (410) 321-4994 during business hours to schedule a free consultation for the purpose of deciding whether you want to retain Amar S. Weisman. The firm does not accept pro bono clients at this time. To retain legal services and advice, you must pay a retainer, See Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is located in the heart of Towson near The Circuit Court For Baltimore County, Towson Town Center, Goucher College and Towson University, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road (MD-146), Second Floor Towson, MD 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen, Abingdon, Baldwin, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Brooklandville, Carney, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Garrison, Glen Arm, Greenspring Valley, Homeland, Hunt Valley, Hydes, the Joppa Road Corridor, Kingsville, Long Green, Lutherville, Middle River, Nottingham, Owings Mills, Parkville, Pikesville, Perry Hall, Reisterstown, Riderwood, Rodgers Forge, Rosedale, Ruxton, Sparks, Sparrows Point, Stoneleigh, Timonium, Towson, West Towson, White Hall, White Marsh, and the York Road corridor. We have also represented a number of out-of-state clients. The law firm does not guarantee the results in any matter.