Baltimore County & Towson Child Custody Lawyer.
We Will Strive To Resolve Your Case Reasonably And Quickly. If That Does Not Happen, We Will Fight For You Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then On The Ice.
Do Not Play The Part Of the FOOL. Children Are Too Important.
Good Parents lose Legal Custody and Physical Custody every day because they are FOOLISH. They think they can say a prayer, show up to court with a half dozen well-dressed family members, tell "the truth" to the patient judge, and count on "the right thing" to happen. It is a FAIRY TALE -- DO NOT lose custody of your children because you believed in a fairy tale!
The truth is that Child Custody Litigation is a Legal Process governed by the Maryland Rules of Civil Procedure & The Maryland Rules of Evidence. Learning and effectively applying the Rules is almost impossible unless you are a Towson Family Law Lawyer. At the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman, we are experts at protecting your parental rights to Legal Custody and Physical Custody in The Circuit Court For Baltimore County.
Your Need A Legal Strategy & Your Strategy Had Better Be Based On The Local Knowledge And Experience Of a Top Child Custody Lawyer.
Local Knowledge is Important-- each county has a different Differentiated Case Management Plan governing Family Law cases. Amar S. Weisman understands how Court Hearings work in The Circuit Court For Baltimore County,including:
Your Towson Custody Lawyer Understands The Court and What Services to Request
We understand that you want your child custody matter resolved with all deliberate speed. At the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman, we are committed to communicating with the various organs of the court, including the Clerk's Office, Civil Assignment, Central Assignment, The Office of Family Mediation and the Settlement Court, to move your case forward efficiently.
We also understand that the Court may provide a number of valuable services, which we will strategically request to build the evidence that you need to prevail. Depending on the facts, we might suggest asking for any of the following:
- Alcohol Evaluation/Alcohol Testing. In cases where one or both parents allege there is an alcohol problem that affects parenting (i.e. drunk driving, negligent supervision, inability to govern a household), the social worker evaluating the case at the Scheduling Conference will order both parties to submit to court-ordered alcohol testing within 24 hours of the settlement conference.
- Drug Evaluation/Testing, which works like alcohol testing.
- Best Interest Attorney to represent the best interests of the minor child/children pursuant to Maryland Family Law §1-202. Depending on whether the minor child has considered judgment, the Best Interest Attorney may affirmatively advance the minor child/children's preferences and communicate those preferences to the Court. Attorneys who represent the minor children must be paid; often payment is apportioned to the parents on a 50-50 basis or, if there is a significant income gap, the court will assess the costs of the children based on the proportional income of the parents.
- Private Custody Evaluation including interviewing the parents, children, and third party collateral witnesses, review of e-mail correspondence and text messages sent from/to the parents and the children; psychological personality testing; complete review of legal papers in one or more jurisdictions; observations of the parents and the children at home; in conformity with American Psychological Association Guidelines. Alternatively, the Court may order a streamlined custody evaluation process that includes an official written evaluation.
- Home Study.
You Need A Family Law Child Custody Lawyer Who Will Do A Great Job Fighting For You
As trial lawyers, our job is to present your case to the court in a professional manner with the relevant evidence you need to achieve your goals. We proceed to do this by:
- Filing Court Papers that tell your story & request all appropriate relief.
- Using Discovery to Harvest Evidence.
- Identifying Settlement Opportunities after acquiring leverage.
Enough Is Enough: Baltimore County Custody Modification.
Your Baltimore & Towson Custody Lawyer can seek a Child Custody Modification provided there has been a material change in circumstances since the entry of the last custody order and modification of the current order will be in the child's best interests.
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Consultation With Towson Divorce & Child Custody Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
If you are seeking client-focused, goal-orientated and personal representation to handle your Baltimore County family law matter, then contact us at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a consultation. Although we do not charge for consultations, you should know the purpose of the consultation is to determine whether Amar S. Weisman and the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is a good fit to protect your financial future and/or your parental rights. If you wish to obtain legal services to zealously pursue your interests, you will be required to pay a retainer. The typical retainer is $2,500.00 but the cost of your case depends on its level of conflict and complexity. For more information, please see our Policy on Fees and Costs.
Articles By Amar S. Weisman
- The Tools of Discovery In Divorce and Child Custody Litigation
- Seven Commonly Accepted Myths About Child Support
Child Custody Blog Postings By Baltimore Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Custody Evaluations.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Key Definitions.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Jurisdiction.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Supervised Visitation.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and The Primary Caretaker.