Towson Child Custody Lawyer.
Distinguished Baltimore Child Custody Lawyer
Amar S, Weisman is a family law attorney located in Towson, Maryland who has represented hundreds of mothers, fathers and grandparents in child custody disputes before the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Circuit Court for Baltimore City, Circuit Court for Harford County and Circuit Court for Howard County. Amar S. Weisman is recognized as a top family law attorney by Expertise.Com, Law & Practice Magazine and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Mr. Weisman is highly rated on AVVO and Google. Mr. Weisman has assisted clients in legal custody, physical custody, visitation, child support, child custody modification, and domestic violence disputes.
Child Custody Court Papers
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman prepares court papers for child custody matters including:
- Complaint For Custody
- Petitions to Modify Child Custody
- Petitions for Child Support
- Answers & Counterclaims
- Requests for Emergency Hearing
Child Custody Hearings
- Scheduling Conference Due to Covid-19, most scheduling conferences in Baltimore County occur remotely using Zoom For Business.Most scheduling conferences result in the order for parties to attend remote parenting classes and remote mediation. At the scheduling conference, the Circuit Court for Baltimore County will determine what services are necessary after screening the case. Services that may be provided include Alcohol Evaluation/Alcohol Testing, Custody Evaluations, Home Studies and the assignment of a Best Interest Attorneys.
- Settlement Conferences
- Child Custody Merits Trial
- Modification Hearing. .
- Contempt Hearings
Best Interest Attorneys Assigned To Represent Children
Best Interest Attorney to represent the best interests of the minor child/children pursuant to Maryland Family Law §1-202. Depending on whether the minor child has considered judgment, the Best Interest Attorney may affirmatively advance the minor child/children's preferences and communicate those preferences to the Court. Attorneys who represent the minor children must be paid; often payment is apportioned to the parents on a 50-50 basis or, if there is a significant income gap, the court will assess the costs of the children based on the proportional income of the parents.
Private Custody Evaluations
Private Custody Evaluation including interviewing the parents, children, and third party collateral witnesses, review of e-mail correspondence and text messages sent from/to the parents and the children; psychological personality testing; complete review of legal papers in one or more jurisdictions; observations of the parents and the children at home; in conformity with American Psychological Association Guidelines. Alternatively, the Court may order a streamlined custody evaluation process that includes an official written evaluation.
You Need A Family Law Child Custody Lawyer Who Will Do A Great Job Fighting For You
As trial lawyers, our job is to present your case to the court in a professional manner with the relevant evidence you need to achieve your goals. We proceed to do this by:
- Filing Court Papers that tell your story & request all appropriate relief.
- Using Discovery to Harvest Evidence.
- Identifying Settlement Opportunities after acquiring leverage.
Enough Is Enough: Baltimore County Custody Modification.
Your Baltimore & Towson Custody Lawyer can seek a Child Custody Modification provided there has been a material change in circumstances since the entry of the last custody order and modification of the current order will be in the child's best interests.
Call 410-321-4994 To Meet With Towson Child Custody & Family Law Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
Please Call (410) 321-4994 during business hours to schedule a free consultation for the purpose of deciding whether you want to retain Amar S. Weisman. The firm does not accept pro bono clients at this time. To retain legal services and advice, you must pay a retainer, See Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is located in the heart of Towson near The Circuit Court For Baltimore County, Towson Town Center, Goucher College and Towson University, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road (MD-146), Second Floor Towson, MD 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen, Abingdon, Baldwin, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Brooklandville, Carney, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Garrison, Glen Arm, Greenspring Valley, Homeland, Hunt Valley, Hydes, the Joppa Road Corridor, Kingsville, Long Green, Lutherville, Middle River, Nottingham, Owings Mills, Parkville, Pikesville, Perry Hall, Reisterstown, Riderwood, Rodgers Forge, Rosedale, Ruxton, Sparks, Sparrows Point, Stoneleigh, Timonium, Towson, West Towson, White Hall, White Marsh, and the York Road corridor. We have also represented a number of out-of-state clients. The law firm does not guarantee the results in any matter.
Articles and Blog Posts By Amar S. Weisman
- The Tools of Discovery In Divorce and Child Custody Litigation
- Seven Commonly Accepted Myths About Child Support
- Discussion of the Maryland Parenting Plan Tool
Child Custody Blog Postings By Baltimore Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Custody Evaluations.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Key Definitions.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Jurisdiction.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and Supervised Visitation.
- Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Custody and The Primary Caretaker.
Useful Links For Baltimore County Residents Involved In Child Custody Disputes:
- United States Constitution
- Maryland General Assembly Family Law Legislation
- Department of Social Services - Baltimore County
- Maryland Daily Record.
- United States Supreme Court.
- Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
- Maryland Court of Appeals.
- Thomson Reuters.