Baltimore County Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Family Privacy
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman understands that clients want the Divorce Process to be as efficient and private as possible. From time to time, we will settle a case that has gone on for months in just a few days. Although celebrities often serve as awful role models, Cal Ripkin and Kelly Ripkin, as usual, did things the right way thanks to excellent legal representation.
- All Court Papers were filed with the Circuit Court for Baltimore County on the same day, May 3, 2016. That is to say, Kelly Ripkin filed her Complaint For Absolute Divorce and Cal Ripkin filed his Answer at the same time.Wherever possible, The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman seeks to do the same thing for our clients.
- Amazingly, the Ripkins were divorced the same day they filed their papers. On May 3, 2016, the Court Ripkins were iwere divorced at a rapidly scheduled Settlement Conference.
- That same day, the Circuit Court for Baltimore County entered a Judgment of Absolute Divorce that had already been negotiated and the Court entered a Qualified Domestic Relations Order dividing the 401K.
- In an effort to protect the privacy of everyone (including the children), Judge Bollinger Ordered the entire Ripkin case file sealed. However, the file was partially unsealed as the result of the media.
- The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman did not represent Cal Ripkin or Kelly Ripkin, but we applaud recognize good legal work when we see it.
Are You Getting a Divorce? A Towson Family Lawyer Can Help
If you or a family member is preparing to enter into Divorce proceedings in Abingdon or Towson, feel free to contact us for help. In the meantime, we recommend discussing the situation with your children in terms that are appropriate for their age.
During the Divorce and Child Custody process, allow your kids the time and space they need, while also offering them support (whether from a therapist or other un-involved parties) to fully digest the changes that are taking place in their lives. Above all else, it’s important to allow your children to come to their own conclusions in their own time.
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Free Consultation
Call The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The Purpose of the consultation is to determine whether you want to retain this law firm as your Baltimore County & Harford County Family Lawyer. If you do wish to proceed, then you must pay a retainer. See Our Policy on Fees and Costs. The family firm is located next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204.