Towson Divorce Lawyer | Grounds For Divorce | Strategy.
Experience Establishing Grounds For Divorce
Amar S. Weisman is a top Family Law Attorney that only practices family law and only in Circuit Court Baltimore County and the surrounding jurisdictions. Mr. Weisman is a graduate of Georgetown University &the University of Baltimore Peter Angelos School of Law with 13 years of Family Law experience representing more than 600 clients with the following distinctions:
- 22 Best Divorce Lawyers Baltimore, 2020, EXPERTISE.COM
- Top 10 Family Law, 2020, 2019, Attorney And Practice Magazine
- Top 10, Family Law and Client Service, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- #18 Law Firm in Maryland, GoodFirms
- 10/10 "Supurb" Rating, AVVO
- 4.7/5.0 Rating, Google
Grounds For Divorce: Theory Versus Practice
The grounds for absolute divorce are set forth in Maryland Code Annotated, Family Law Article 7-103(1). The grounds for divorce include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adultery that has not been forgiven or condoned
- Cruelty of Treatment
- Excessively Vicious Conduct
- Mutual Consent with a separation agreement that includes all prerequisites.
- Cruelty of Treatment/Excessively Vicious Conduct
- 12-Month Separation without cohabitation and without sexual relations.
The vast majority of divorces are awarded based on 12-month separation, mutual consent or adultery. Even though Amar S. Weisman has handled more than 700 family law matters, he has never seen a divorce awarded on the basis of insanity. This not to say, by any means, that there are no insane people engaged in domestic litigation in Maryland.
Skill, Tact and Knowledge To Settle Divorces
Amar S. Weisman is recognized as one of the top attorneys in Baltimore by Exerptise.Com, Law and Practice Magazine, and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and has earned excellent Google and Avvo reviews by resolving cases for his clients on favorable terms. Mr. Weisman is a settlement court officer for the Circuit Court for Baltimore City and helps attorneys and their clients resolve cases in an official capacity. In addition, Amar S. Weisman went through his own Divorce in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County. The personal experience taught Mr. Weisman to appreciate:
- The trust that a client places in his attorney;
- The desire to settle a case and move on fair & equitable terms;
- The power of discovery, the rules of evidence & civil procedure;
- Our system can produce fair results.
At the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman, we have found that meaningful settlement requires:
- Full financial disclosure:
- Excellent attorney-client communication;
- Knowing the best child custody arrangements;
- Negotiating from a position of principle.
Fair settlements will probably not happen in Towson if:
- One side has all the information;
- One side feels the need to destroy the other;
- Children are used an alienated by one parent
Having settled hundreds of family law caes, Mr. Weisman understands:
- The importance of timing;
- the importance of leverage;
- Never negotiate against oneself
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Consultation With Towson Divorce & Child Custody Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
Please Call (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to decide whether you want to hire Amar S. Weisman. To obtain legal services, you must pay a retainer, see Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen. Abingdon, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Lutherville, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Rosedale, Sparrows Point, Timonium, Towson, Westminster and White Marsh.
Blog Posts by Amar S. Weisman: