Baltimore County & Towson Child Custody Lawyer | Physical Custody | Shared Physical Custody..
Towson Joint Custody Family Lawyer
What is Joint Physical Custody
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman represents clients in matters where either the client, the opposing party or both partie4s are seeking shared physical custody in The Circuit Court for Baltimore County. By definition, shared physical custody exists if and ony if both parents have more than 128 overnights with each parent.
Advantages of Shared Physical Custody:
- Children have more meaningful contact with both parents.
- Children can sometimes gain access the better school district.
- Many children want to spend more time with their fathers.
- Shared physical custody can prevent parental alienation.
- Provides more opportunities to spend time with other children in the family.
Disadvantages of Shared Physical Custody in Baltimore County:
- Constant back and forth can be stressful.
- Shared physical custody can destabilize certain children who do not take well to living in two homes.
- joint child caring issues can contribute to parental conflict.
Are You the Custodial Parent?
- Does the child presently reside with you? If not, what facts still suggest that you have been the primary caretaker historically?
- Do you help maintain routines for bedtimes and wake-up times before school?
- Do you purchase groceries and prepare most meals?
- Do you regularly provide moral, ethical, or religious guidance to the minor child at critical childhood moments?
- Do you mostly provide transportation for the child to and from recreational and athletic events?
- Do you primarily take the child to the doctor or the dentist?
Do you facilitate visitation with the minor child's other parent, grandparents and family friends?
Call For a Free Consultation in Towson With Family Law Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
Please Call (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to decide whether you want to hire Amar S. Weisman. To obtain legal services, you must pay a retainer, see Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 305 Allegheny Avenue, Towson, MD, 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen. Abingdon, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Lutherville, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Rosedale, Sparrows Point, Timonium, Towson, Westminster and White Marsh.