Baltimore County & Towson Child Custody Lawyer | Physical Custody | Holiday Visitation.
Baltimore County Holiday Visitation Schedules
Holiday visitation is incorporated into most parenting plans and court-ordered child access schedules. Unless there are compelling reasons not to divide holidays evenly between the parents, holidays usually rotate to allow the children to spend time with both parents and their extended families. The experienced family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman help clients develop holiday visitation schedules that are precise, predictable, and anticipate problems before they begin. Developing the best holiday schedule requires considering the school calendar, transportation, pick-up and drop-off locations, and defining which holidays are important for the individual client. If problems develop during the December holiday season, the Circuit Court for Baltimore County has a special holiday visitation Court.
Holidays Typically Included in Access Schedules.
- Spring Break/Easter Weekend: Usually divided equally with one parent having even years and the other parent having odd years. The parameters of the school break are usually defined by the Baltimore County Public Schools Calendar.
- Thanksgiving/Thanksgiving Break: May refer to Wednesday through Sunday or just Thanksgiving itself: Sometimes Thanksgivings is split so the minor child can have a Thanksgiving meal with both families.
- Christmas/Holiday Break. Like Thanksgiving, winter break can be given to one parent on odd years and the other parent on even years. Alternatively, Christmas break can be divided with the splice occurring on Christmas Day so that one parent has Christmas eve and the other parent has Christmas day.
- Martin Luther King Day Weekend.
- President’s Day Weekend.
- Mother's Day, which is usually with Mother for the full Sunday.
- Father's Day, which is usually with Father for the full Sunday.
Please Call (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The purpose of the consultation is to decide whether you want to hire Amar S. Weisman. To obtain legal services, you must pay a retainer, see Policy on Fees/Costs. The law firm is next to The Circuit Court For Baltimore County,at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204. We represent clients throughout the Baltimore area including Aberdeen. Abingdon, Bel Air, Bowleys Quarters, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Edgewood, Essex, Lutherville, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Rosedale, Sparrows Point, Timonium, Towson, Westminster and White Marsh.