Baltimore County & Towson Child Support Lawyer.
We Will Strive To Resolve Your Case Reasonably And Quickly. If That Does Not Happen, We Will Fight For You Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then On The Ice.
Towson Child Support Attorneys.
The Law Offices aggressively represents Child Support clients. Child Support refers to cash payments from the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent. Child support can be above or below the guidelines amount, provided the proper reasons are presented to the Court, and the judge agrees. Physical Custody changes the child support guidelines by lowering the amount of support paid.
Baltimore County Child Support Modification
In cases where there has been a change in parental income, the child's needs, or physical custody, the Court will probably recalculate child support pursuant to the Maryland Child Support Guidelines. Whether you are proposing or opposing the modification, The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is ready to file customized court papers, precise financial statements, and to obtain financial data through discovery to establish that the time has come to recalibrate child support.
Contempt Of Court For Failure to Pay Child Support Pursuant to a Lawful Baltimore County Order.
In The Circuit Court For Baltimore County, child support contempt matters are typically heard by a Magistrate before the case escalates "upstairs" to a Judge on the Family Docket. As of August 21, 2017, many contempt hearings came before Magistrate James Farmer, one of Maryland's most experienced child support jurists. Typically contempt hearings come before Magistrate Farmer on the Ground Floor, Hearing Room B, which conveniently located next to the Child Support Enforcement Administration and the Baltimore County Sheriff's Office, which is sometimes dispatched when the contempt of court for non-payment is deemed egregious.
Child Support Enforcement Administration Hearings In The Towson County Courts Building.
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman defends individuals in Child Support Enforcement Administration ("CSEA")proceedings. In Baltimore County, CSEA is located at 170 W Ridgely Rd Suite 200, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093.
Hearings to establish child support are generally held on the Ground floor level of the County Courts Building. Usually, the agency will summons both parties to appear for an initial screening in front of a CSEA. Having an attorney is helpful for the purpose of effective Negotiation. We have a track record of obtaining favorable results for clients based on Negotiation Skills and knowledge of the local procedures.
What Goes Into the Child Support Formula?
- Parental Income including salaries; wages; commissions; bonuses; dividend income; pension income; interest income; trust income; annuity income; Social Security benefits; workers' compensation benefits; unemployment insurance benefits; disability insurance benefits.
- Physical Custody. Shared Physical Custody exists when both parents have more than 35% of the overnights (128 overnights); If you do not have more than 128 overnights per year, then you do not have shared Physical Custody.
- Health Insurance. Difference between the single plan (that just covers you) and the plan that also covers the minor child.
- Extraordinary Medical Expenses. Includes uninsured, reasonable, and necessary costs for orthodontia, dental treatment, asthma treatment, physical therapy, treatment for any chronic health problem, and professional counseling or psychiatric therapy for diagnosed mental disorders.
- Summer Camp. Usually depends on where the child or children went to summer camp prior to separation.
- Private School. Usually depends on where the child went to school prior to separation.
Evidence In Child Support Cases.
- Pay Stubs
- Federal & State Income Tax Returns
- Bank account records
Small Baltimore County Business Owners And Child Support
The determination of what constitutes income is often contested when one parent is a small business owner with deductions that could as income, or not. The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman helps spouses of small business owners ensure that small business owners cannot hide income as the cost of goods that are never sold, payment of rents on buildings that do not exist or travel and automobile expenses having the most marginal connection to the actual functioning of the business. We also help small business owners prevent legitimate business expenses from being twisted and turned into frivolous personal items when that is not the reality.
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Consultation With Towson Divorce & Child Custody Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
If you are seeking client-focused, goal-orientated and personal representation to handle your Baltimore County family law matter, then contact us at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a consultation. Although we do not charge for consultations, you should know the purpose of the consultation is to determine whether Amar S. Weisman and the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is a good fit to protect your financial future and/or your parental rights. If you wish to obtain legal services to zealously pursue your interests, you will be required to pay a retainer. The typical retainer is $2,500.00 but the cost of your case depends on its level of conflict and complexity. For more information, please see our Policy on Fees and Costs.
Articles By Amar S. Weisman
Blog Postings By Amar S. Weisman
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Defining "Income" for child support.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Children's Health Care Expenses.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Child Support Enforcement Administration.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Paternity.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses College Expenditures.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Collecting Child Support in Baltimore County.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Modifications To Increase Child Support.
- Towson Lawyer Discusses Retroactive Child Support Obligations.