Baltimore County & Towson Divorce Lawyer.
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman
RESULTS (Not Excuses)
The Terms of Your Divorce Will Define Your Future.
Divorce turns your life upside down. You need a zealous advocate to defend your financial future, parental rights, and your integrity. Mr. Weisman understands that every family law case should begin with establishing realistic goals and expectations. Amar S. Weisman is the child of divorce and, in 2013, he went through his own Baltimore County absolute divorce matter. At a recent gathering of family law attorneys, Mr. Weisman explained how experiencing the divorce process as a client made him a better lawyer,
"I was shocked to be separated; the divorce process thrust upon me; my home, retirement, and business seemed so threatened, but only for a second; then I hired an excellent attorney and his knowledge, skill and precision empowered me; all of the sudden I was ready for whatever. And then I realized: this is what I do for my own clients. My knowledge, skill and precision changes them; my mission is for them to feel ready for whatever is around the corner. Being a client also reminded me that, to the client, everything is important; every email, phone call, court paper, preliminary hearing; every detail matters, requiring excellence every step of the way."
The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman, LLC is an established, full-service family law firm located across from Towson Town Center in close proximity to the Circuit Court for Baltimore County. Our divorce clients benefit from our experience with negotiation and litigation and commitment to service including responding to telephone calls and email communications in a timely manner.
Experienced Towson Family Law Attorneys.
Having handled hundreds of divorces, The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman knows each case is different. We are ready for just about anything, including:
- Uncontested divorces, high conflict divorces, short marriages, long marriages and everything in between.
- Although most of our clients reside in Maryland, we have provided zealous advocacy to residents had dozens of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
- We have experience managing high-net-worth individuals who require attention to detail to uncover hidden assets, protect business interests and determine the appropriateness of long-term alimony.
- Divorces involving Child Custody, Visitation & Child Support and well as post-divorce modifications of the child access schedule and recalculation of the Maryland child support guidelines.
- Difficult cases where the client, opposing party or both have a history of domestic violence, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, financial abuse and serial adultery.
Every divorce is unique and Amar S. Weisman prides himself on mastering the details of each case. Relentless yet reasonable, Amar S. Weisman can:
- Prepare court papers including the Complaint f Absolute Divorce or Counter-Complaint for Absolute Divorce that communicates your story effectively to the court, demands appropriate relief under the Marital Property Act and asks the family law judge to protect your rights as a parent. Depending on the grounds for divorce that exist at the time of filing, we may request a limited divorce or an absolute divorce. The grounds for divorce include adultery, desertion, one-year separation and mutual consent.
- We will protect your interest in the marital home, retirement plans, and your parental rights including pre-marital interests that are not subject to equitable division under Maryland Law.
- Represent you at all hearings in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County and Circuit Court for Harford County including the Scheduling Conference, Pendente Lite Hearing, Settlement Conference, Trial On The Merits.
- Obtain evidence through the discovery process:
- Subpoenas to third-parties including banks, investment account managers, companies, schools and daycare providers.
- Request For Production of Documents.
- Depositions of the opposing party, which may or may not require the production of documents pursuant to a deposition duces tecum.
- Requests for Admissions of Fact.
- Communicate with the Court to Make the Process As Speedy and Efficient as Possible:
- The office of the Clerk of the Court and the special clerks assigned to Baltimore County family law matters, whose job is to ensure that court filings are docketed in a timely manner. Baltimore County is not part of the MDEC electronic filing system that governs most divorce filings throughout the State of Maryland. The Towson court will join MDEC in February 2019 this law firm is prepared for that transition.
- Office of Family Mediation, which oversees the mediation process that is obligatory in Baltimore County divorce cases involving children (unless there is a domestic violence component that makes mediation inappropriate).
- Civil Assignment and Central Assignment which manages and reschedules dates for the Scheduling Conference and, if necessary, the rescheduling of the merits trial date.
- Family Support Services/Family Services Coordinator.
- The Settlement Court which oversees the scheduling of settlement conferences and is the arm of the court that actually schedules trials and determines how much time to allocate to each Baltimore County divorce.
- Judicial Chambers, when appropriate.
- Take advantage of Settlement Opportunities including Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR") such as private mediation while the parties are represented by counsel as well as binding arbitration, which should be approached with the utmost caution.
Components of This Towson Divorce Practice
- Divorce Hearings
- Grounds For Divorce
- Property Division
- Strategic Considerations
Articles By Family Law Attorney Amar S. Weisman:
Baltimore & Towson Lawyer Blog Posts
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Addiction.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Money.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Businesses.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Privacy.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Benefits.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Long Marriages.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Mistakes.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Residency.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Older People.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Parenting.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Social Media.
- Towson Family Lawyer Discusses Divorce and The House.
- Maryland Daily Record.
- American Bar Association Family Law Section Resources
- Baltimore County Differentiated Case Management Plan
- U.S. News & World Report--Topics -- Divorce News
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Consultation With Towson Divorce & Child Custody Family Lawyer Amar S. Weisman.
If you are seeking client-focused, goal-orientated and personal representation to handle your Baltimore County family law matter, then contact us at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a consultation. Although we do not charge for consultations, you should know the purpose of the consultation is to determine whether Amar S. Weisman and the Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman is a good fit to protect your financial future and/or your parental rights. If you wish to obtain legal services to zealously pursue your interests, you will be required to pay a retainer. The typical retainer is $2,500.00 but the cost of your case depends on its level of conflict and complexity. For more information, please see our Policy on Fees and Costs.