Aggressive Baltimore & Towson Child Custody Lawyer --Physical Custody-- Shared Physical Custody
Shared Physical Custody is in reality shared or divided custody, and shared physical custody may, but need not, be on a 50/50 basis. The threshold for shared physical custody is that both parents must have more than 128 overnights. Whether to award shared physical custody depends on a multi-factor analysis that is well established under Maryland law:
- Parental fitness.
- Sincerity of the parents' requests.
- Parents' willingness to share custody.
- Parents' capacity to communicate and make shared decisions.
- Number of children.
- Geographic proximity of parents' homes.
- Financial resources.
- Demands of parental employment.
- Relationships of parents with their children.
- Potential for disruption in the children's school and social lives.
- Impact on state or federal assistance.
- Benefit to parents.
- Preferences of the children.
- Character and reputation.
- Agreements between the parties.
- Parents' ability to maintain relationships between the children and others.
- who may affect the children's best interests.
- Parents' ability to maintain a stable, appropriate home.
Call (410) 321-4994 For a Free Consultation
Call The Law Offices of Amar S. Weisman at (410) 321-4994 to schedule a Free Consultation. The Purpose of the consultation is to determine whether you want to retain this law firm as your Baltimore County & Harford County Family Lawyer. If you do wish to proceed, then you must pay a retainer. See Our Policy on Fees and Costs. The family firm is located next to The Circuit Court for Baltimore County, at 1018 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204.